The International Association for Urban Climate (IAUC) is an organization seeking membership from those with scientific, scholarly and technical interests and responsibilities in:
- the climatology and meteorology of built-up areas,
- exchange processes between the urban “surface” and the overlying boundary layer,
- urban air quality,
- wind and turbulence in the city,
- measurement, modeling and remote sensing of urban atmospheric and surface characteristics at all scales,
- micro-scale processes and patterns associated with urban landscape elements (buildings, canyons, parks, roads etc),
- building climatology,
- biometeorology and bioclimatology within urban ecosystems, including human comfort and hazards,
- the inclusion of urban atmospheric processes into design and planning and the modelling of weather, and
- the representation of urban landscapes in models of climate at meso-scales
The IAUC communicates with its members via this website and using met-urbclim which is a moderated email list server.
The IAUC has released a statement on the US Executive Order.